Tai Chi with Dr Paul Lam

Friday, August 8, 2008


The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. -- William Arthur Ward

That's a good one. It's been another several weeks and I'm trying not to get discouraged by this particular website. There are many things I like about this format. It's very easy to personalize this blog, but I've found no contacts at all and there's no EASY way to contact others and make friends. I have another blog on K102 and I've got lots of friends that I talk to regularly. I feel like I'm part of a community there. I feel like I'm alone here. So, maybe that's okay and I will use this as a diary since so few people will ever see it. We'll see.

Anyway, what's happened since July 18? Well, on the 19th we took off for Duluth for the day to watch the AirShow. We were a little concerned about the weather as we drove smack into a fog bank coming over the hill into Duluth, but we hung around the canal for a bit and then headed up to the airport and the SUN BROKE THROUGH!!!

Everything flew that day including the BLUE ANGELS!!! OMG! They were awesome.

Relay For Life was wonderful. The evening was gorgeous and Anne and I raised over $700 and the event is over $50,000 so far. Our event closes August 30, so we're still accepting donations. Then that Sunday, the 27th, we shipped Anne off to Just For Kix Dance Camp and we left for "parts unknown". Three days with no kids, no dog, just me and my buddy. No plans, no reservations, just drive. We ended up in Brainerd, Gull Lake, Nisswa, Pequot Lakes, Whitefish, and Pine River. Tuesday morning we woke up in a little cabin on a quiet lake with no one else around. It was so peaceful, nothing but the birds, insects, wind and frogs. We drove back to Mom's Tuesday night so I could be there Wednesday morning to take her, Curtis, Jen and Alex to the airport for ALASKA!! I am so jealous. I got home Wednesday afternoon after Fred had gone to work and the house was so quiet. I missed Anne so bad. She came home Wednesday night. She'd had a blast. We had a couple of days with basically nothing to do so we cleaned out her old room and moved her down into Lacy's old room. Then we moved the big bed from my office up to the new guestroom (Anne's old room) and moved the futon down to the office...............soooooooooooo much more room!

Tuesday August 5th, we had our 2nd Annual National Night Out party and it was GREAT! We have such a cool neighborhood. Jill offered her house, Denny made an 8-pound hamburger, and we had a blast. And so we're just about caught up, I guess. See ya in a month or so...school will have started by then so I'll have more to talk about I'm sure.

No comments:

Remember Me

Sweet Thing