Tai Chi with Dr Paul Lam

Monday, June 23, 2008

The God I Forgot About


James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

It seems that God, again, just has to hit me over the head with a 2x4 to get my attention.

I had the most wonderful evening with my friend Cheryl on Friday. Where we normally see each other for dinner or lunch for about 2-3 hours every 3-4 months or so, we spent 6 HOURS at Houlihans on Friday night. The staff was fantastic and left us ALONE (we tip very well) unless we signaled that we needed sustenance or drink. (the drinks were non-alcoholic) We sat and talked and talked and talked and worked out the entire world's problems..........well at least most of ours. I UNLOADED about all of the crap with the OC (oldest child) and she gave me what I've needed most, affirmation that we're not the most horrible parents in the world and we have to spend this time looking out for Anne and not worry about our decisions.

So the God part of it is that He has put Cheryl in my life, He has been providing daily inspiration via loving my hubby, the internet, the phone, and even the horoscopes (yes, I read them but don't spend my life by them). But the greatest thing is that they have been telling us to slow down and evaluate and not worry and oh my gosh! it's spot on!!!! I believe that He puts various forms of information in front of us regularly to remind us that He's there and He'll use whatever will get our attention at this time. He's a marvelous God and He knows what we need.

No comments:

Remember Me

Sweet Thing